Thanks Thanks:  0
    Forum Member

Garry's Mod Suggestion

Last edited by Gozy69; 05-09-2016 at 11:26 AM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozy69 View Post
    Hello, I have no clue if it's possible to do this type of feature seeing as this hack is obviously different than LUA. But it would be neat to be able to run your custom LUA scripts also with the hack.

Thank you!
    This seems highly unlikely to be added. If we were to add this, there would be a huge influx of banned accounts, as people would use some sort of detected scripts. LUA hacks are very easy to detect as far as I am aware.

Forum Member
    Yes I understand that, but couldn't they make that a *Use at your own risk* part of the hack? Kind of like they did with the DayZ script executor part of their hack. Yes you can get detected, but that's at your own risk if you choose to use your own scripts. I'd love to be able to use my own lua scripts with this hack seeing as it doesn't have all that I need.

Forum Member
    We did the Dayz script executor for our Dayz Standalone because there was no Battleye that does checks for public variable changes and would therefore result in a ban. However, LUA hacks have been an issue with Garry's mod, and have caused mass ban-waves. I am not saying this feature wont be added with a tag like you said *use are your own risk*, but I am saying it is very unlikely.

Forum Member
    And also, it's not the LUA scripts that throws people into the ban waves, it's the people Bypassing the script enforcer with DLL's/exe's and such.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozy69 View Post
    And also, it's not the LUA scripts that throws people into the ban waves, it's the people Bypassing the script enforcer with DLL's/exe's and such.
    Exactly, scripts don't effect if you are banned or not. It's the sv_allowcslua bypass that counts.