Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My love letter to my new headset

So for the past few weeks I've been shopping for a new wireless headset. I've been looking for 7.1 surround sound but also with a quality mic and something that is comfortable for long use. Finding all that in one headset is not easy. After a lot of research I decided to go with the Astro A50s.

Hands down this is the best set of gaming headphones money can buy. Using the optical S/PDIF digital high definition audio port on my sound card these headphones push the best sounding 7.1 I've ever heard. The mic quality is great, and when you swing it up it automatically mutes.

Last night I played wearing my 3D glasses for about 4 hours. Normally wearing any headset that would start to hurt where the headphones push against the glasses but I was completely comfortable the entire time.

So if you have $300 to throw down on a headset buy these right now. You won't regret it.

http://www.astrogaming.com/a50-wireless-system

Spectre
    I had the A50's but got sick of them automatically cutting out after a period of inactivity with a 2 tone beep that blows your eardrums away.
    I cut my losses, sold them and went with the Astro A40 2013 edition. Wired, but hey, I normally had the charging lead on with the A50's anyway.

Gotta agree though, hooking up via the TOSLink (Optical) cable gives you great sound. As a matter of interest, it's really 5.1 sound, as the Optical
    cable doesn't have the bandwidth to carry 7.1....the mixamp adds another simulated 2 channels to upmix to 7.1.

Spectre
    I had the A50's but got sick of them automatically cutting out after a period of inactivity with a 2 tone beep that blows your eardrums away.
    I cut my losses, sold them and went with the Astro A40 2013 edition. Wired, but hey, I normally had the charging lead on with the A50's anyway.

Gotta agree though, hooking up via the TOSLink (Optical) cable gives you great sound. As a matter of interest, it's really 5.1 sound, as the Optical
    cable doesn't have the bandwidth to carry 7.1....the mixamp adds another simulated 2 channels to upmix to 7.1.

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Spectre

Yes your right S/PDIF with TOSLINK connectors can only push 2 channels of uncompressed audio. But the audio is encoded in multichannel Dolby Digital format that performs pretty good considering the headset is simulating surround sound. When they come out with a headset that pushes true discrete 7.1 surround sound in DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD. I'll be first in line.

These don't count because they're garbage. I bought them and tried them for a week
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-tiamat-71

i like the corsair ones

Forum Member
    a 40 are the best btw

Forum Member
    Moist.

Forum Member
    noooo daniel lol that head set bad :P

Forum Member
    I have the Turtle beach p5x. but I tend to use my razor due to it being so light

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    a 40 are the best btw
    A50 is really just a wireless A40. I do have to give the A40s one thing though...

Look halfway down the list of specs.
    http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-audio...tion#specsmenu

A50 are pretty good if you can afford the A50 then you might want to hold off and pick up these.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.co...anufaktur.html

Add this http://www.etsy.com/listing/12253571...op_home_active

And your Audiophile Fix will Blow you away. You can customize the color anything you want. I pretty much have owned a ton of PC equipment and these are Top notch.

Those Altoids Amplifier there is no sound card i have owned that compare. When my wife can hear my music two rooms away lol. Be careful though these headphones set up with this Amplifier put out 137Db that is not a joke you could seriously damage your hearing. A50's are loud as well i think they hit 120 or so a siren from an Ambulance is 124Db and this is right in your ear. Just warning you "What Did you Say" Might be in your future.

PP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast